Here's a quick lesson on how masterminding with the right the people is imperative to your success.
A few weeks ago at one of our monthly TWBA (the wealth building annex) mastermind sessions I met a very interesting guy. That will change the way I am approaching my goals.
Here's how the whole day went, 10am we had internet training on using social networks to drive traffic and build your list Chris Krimitsos.
SEO Using the right to tools to get your URL ranked on the top of google really cutting edge stuff by Bruce Anderson.
Finally Dan S on monetizing your info on line. create and market your knowledge.
5:30pm TWBA mastermind,, special JV mastermind session... kinda like speed dating but with other investors. I know I met so many JV oppportunities.
Which brings me to my point. All the governors go to dinner afterwards and that's where I meet the real go getter's. I met a guy he said he does bulk REOs and NPNs Non performing notes. Well that just happens to be a big part of my biz plan.
The next day Thursday I call we talk for about an hour and half, he has been in the biz for 18 years and really schooled me. I took notes, I allways take notes. A very wise man said to me "The shortest pencil is greater then the longest memory".
We spoke about what he does and I totaly got it !! We hit it off. I assured him he has never worked with someone like me before and after three weeks he believes it.
We set a time to meet on Mon. I drove an hour and half to pic his brain and buy him lunch. Buying someone lunch gets you a very long way in this business.
So after his schooling me I wanted to show him just how much of an asset I am. I listen to his needs and just how the plan would work. He needed a few investors willing to jump on board with us. Well I know how to impress and impress I was going to do.
I developed a complete 18 page biz plan. Now the spelling or grammar wasn't right but the presentation was there. I had some graffics on the front cover and inserted it into a glossy binder. Spent about 6 staright hours on it.
We met at 12:30 and I left at 5:30. We sat he talked and outlined again how we will go about taking down bulk REOs and NPNs. I took notes. I gave him my biz plan and he was surprised just how accurate it was. I had plugged in about 6 exit strategies and some essential team players. He will review and make changes.
Result from the second time talking a JV was born. Now his job is to find and comp the deals he receives direct from the lenders and put in offers at like 35 cents on the buc.. My job is to find and market our plan to investors. With one week of educating myself with the plan and rehearsing my presentation I was ready to meet the world.
First off I needed a man who is very well respected and connected. just so happens my Mentor, close Friend and partner John ybarra fits the mold.
Among working my short sale biz, developing an online real estate training site, Johns soldin8hrs course being finalized, Me and John's wholesale deals, Keeping up with John and CCREIA, Our Twba online group, networking at least one maybe two meetings a week and locking up a firm date in Oct. to bring Larry Goins and a cast of highly respected real estate players for a two day event hosted by me and John.
So how does all this play together, networking, masterminding and the presentation of our biz plan. Its is now been about three weeks from meeting Cliff our JV partner and I already have pitched the plan about a dozen times. I Keep getting better. Practice, practice ,practice on people you know wont play... till you get it down pat then give it your all to the important players.
Bottom line I have pitched the plan to some huge players and guess what we are in the final stages of securing funding to secure a few deals. This will allow me to hit my goals well before I could ever dream.
SINCE MAY 6TH I have climbed some huge mountains and I can almost see the summit.
Real estate business moves so fast, I started this quest june 6th 08 so I know what Im talking about. Dont wait to get out there and get moving. Find your local REIA and meet people with the same interests. The fastest way to get into this biz is to network. mastermind and find a mentor. All of our group at TWBA helps each other with no strings. Being involved in these groups will allow you to mastermind with people who on the street you wouldnt have the chance to talk to, let alone the chance to sit and see how you can mutually bebefit.
Mastermind in everything you do. Never discount the thoughts of another a view outside your thought patern is what stirs new ideas.
GOOD luck !!
I will keep you posted on our success !! and heres
To Your Success !!
I highly recommend this book
http://tinyurl.com/ur-success
www.EverlastSolutions.com
No comments:
Post a Comment